Thursday, February 2, 2012

You're Not Just Voting For a Politician-His Wife Gets Your Vote, Too

Buyer beware. At least that's what I would tell devout GOP voters who are desperate to back a candidate who can "beat Obama." It's never a good sign when your political conviction is built on the hope of what someone WILL do as opposed to what they have already done.  It's a worse sign when the potential presidential spouses lack any ability to spruce up their husbands' lackluster performances.

Michelle Obama was a highly visible (and vocal) part of President Obama's campaign. She didn't blend into the background or appear for the customary "happy couple kiss" and then disappear into the background.

Taking a quick, informal, and unauthorized survey of the GOP Candidate Wives, I don't see any of the energy that their husbands are trying to show.


Mitt Romney- I have no idea what his wife's name is. She has 5 children for him. That is all. 0 points.
Newt Gingrich- I can't quite remember his wife's name, but at least she is somewhat visible. She is not embarrassed to stand near her husband, so I'll give her 2 points.
?
?
?
I know there were some other GOP hopefuls, but I've forgotten who they are. Okay, okay I am being a little bit mischievous. Later on, I will do actual research on their wives and construct a more intelligent blog. But for now, this is just a warning that the days of Jackie O are long over and we need a presidential COUPLE, not just a female fixture. Buyer, you are warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtfully, well-worded reaction.